Re: Gnome-Shell and Zeitgeist...

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:40 PM,  <seb117 free fr> wrote:

> I asked about this in a Zeitgeist blog :
> http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2009/12/more/#comments
> Seif Lotfy Response  :
> We do, yet I am not sure the Shell people want our functionality -.-
> Well you can try. We already tried and for some reasons our patches never went through!

Not sure what the latest status of that was - there are a lot of
components here.  From the shell side I think what we need badly (from
an incremental point of view) is something useful to do when the user
clicks "show me all my docs".  The original zeitgiest patch just put
the zeitgeist data in a scrolling (well, paged then) list in the shell
UI, which I don't think was very compelling.  Useful as a Proof of
Concept for talking to the engine I guess though.

Now there are a lot of open questions about how documents should work
in the shell and a lot of design and even more implementation work
left to be done, but I'm happy to keep that discussion ongoing, it's
not the case that we don't want patches or discussion, because how we
handle recent docs now could clearly be way, way better.