Re: jhbuild fails: undefined symbol: JS_Calltracker

thanks, that solved the problem.
i finish the build and started a X session with just a terminal to run the gnome-shell (scripts/start-replace), and all I got was:

metacity: Unknown option --mutter-plugins=/home/nuno/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/src/libgnome-shell.la
Cannot open display:
Run '/usr/bin/gnome-panel --help' to see a full list of available command line options.

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 13:55, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 11:26 +0000, Nuno Donato wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to build gnome-shell, and everything went ok until
> the last module (obviously with several stops along the way to apt-get
> stuff)
> Finally, i had to install xulrunner-1.9-dev, which solved me the
> problem of amissing jsapi.h
> Now i get this:
>
> metacity-Message: Unable to load plugin
> [/home/nuno/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/src/libgnome-shell.la]: /home/nuno/gnome-shell/install/lib/libgjs-gi.so.0: undefined symbol: JS_CallTracer
>
> etc etc...
>
> any hints?

Try restarting the build from the beginning. The ~/.jhbuildrc needs
files from xulrunner-1.9-dev to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly, so if
it isn't installed before jhbuild is started, things work badly.

(One of the issues mentioned on
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/SwatList)

- Owen

--
Germinar - união... comigo, com todos, com tudo.
http://www.germinar.org

"Ajude um pouco ... já é muito"
Projecto SOSIndia - adopção à distância -  http://www.sosindia.net

"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides you too..."
Shrii Shrii Anandamurti