Re: jhbuild fails: undefined symbol: JS_Calltracker

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 11:26 +0000, Nuno Donato wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to build gnome-shell, and everything went ok until
> the last module (obviously with several stops along the way to apt-get
> stuff)
> Finally, i had to install xulrunner-1.9-dev, which solved me the
> problem of amissing jsapi.h
> Now i get this:
>
> metacity-Message: Unable to load plugin
> [/home/nuno/gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/src/libgnome-shell.la]: /home/nuno/gnome-shell/install/lib/libgjs-gi.so.0: undefined symbol: JS_CallTracer
>
> etc etc...
>
> any hints?

Try restarting the build from the beginning. The ~/.jhbuildrc needs
files from xulrunner-1.9-dev to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly, so if
it isn't installed before jhbuild is started, things work badly.

(One of the issues mentioned on
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/SwatList)

- Owen