Re: [clutter] gnome-shell / mutter / ARB_texture_rectangle

Hi;

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 17:04 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> What about, in my patch, changing COGL_TEXTURE_ALLOW_RECTANGLE
> to COGL_TEXTURE_ALLOW_RECTANGLE COGL_TEXTURE_ALLOW_LEGACY_RECTANGLE
> and adding a scary warning like:
>
>   GL_ARB_texture_rectangle rectangle has numerous limitations,
>   including no repeats, and no mipmapping. It also requires incompatible
>   texture coordinate in custom shaders. Future versions of Clutter
>   will remove GL_ARB_texture_rectangle support entirely.

Okey, so just to double check - you are saying no API additions to cogl
nor clutter, just a magic env var which enables old behaviour in regards
to texture_rectangle (and prints a nasty warning) ?

  == Matthew

--
Matthew Allum, Intel Open Source Technology Center