Re: [clutter] gnome-shell / mutter / ARB_texture_rectangle

Hi;

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 13:03 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > I think making it usage explicit and contained like this is really the
> > only way to go in we do bring back in support for ARB_texture_rectangle
> > without a lot of complexity and other pain elsewhere.
> >
> > Re devel branch - I dont see why this could not end up in the stable
> > branch of which we are already having to track pretty much with mutter.
>
> My initial expectation was that there would be significant code churn
> and API changes, but looking at it, the "remove texture_rectangle
> support" patch is a lot smaller than I expected and doesn't look to hard
> or intrusive to reintroduce.

Right, it should hopefully be pretty strait forward - all Id request is
that we then something like a
cogl_enable_legacy_texture_rectangle(boolean) which enables this old
logic in texture creation and is well documented as to potential
downsides it introduces into apps enabling it.

Many thanks;

  == Matthew

--
Matthew Allum, Intel Open Source Technology Center