[gnome-shell-ext] Set up JHBuild Help (sanitycheck, automake)

Hello all,
I am trying to set up a development machine here, following the instructions on https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/BuildGnome. I am using Fedora25. I've gotten to the part where i run $jhbuild sanitycheck, but i get the following error:
automake >= 1.10 not found
Error running ['aclocal', '--print-ac-dir']
and the next step in the build process also gives an error and does not complete

I tried running sudo dnf install autoconf automake but that did not help. information elsewhere is a bit sparse, so I am asking my question here before i try anything else.

Thanks for any suggestions...