Re: gnome window goes black for no reason with CADENCE tools

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 16:50, Igor_ wrote:

> PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
> The main "mixed signal" CADENCE tool DOES NOT run yet natively on LINUX.
> We have
> to use SUN Solaris server to run it and we display the result on LINUX
> box using, of course,
> networking capabilities of the X11 server (XFree86 on linux box).  The
> only problem we have with
> this approach is  "blackening" of any CADENCE window  when  we click on
> gnome panel.
>
> Clicking on gnome panel means, for example, selecting another desktop
> and then going back to the original one.
>
> Whenever we do that, all CADENCE windows go black. The only way to make
> black windows normal is to
> move a mouse between two black CADENCE windows.

Unfortunately, this probably simply falls into the category of
"application bug", and the only real way to get it fixed is for
the vendor to fix it. (or the vendor to figure out some workaround.)

As long as the application is properly responding to X window system
events, there's nothing that GNOME could do to cause this; the
fact that it works with KDE is likely pure coincidence.

Regards,
						Owen