Re: WiFi network

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 16:06 -0800, Fernando Arturo Gómez Flores wrote:
I bough the RedHat 9 Linux distribution. It seems to be working fine,
although I'll have to get used to the Linux environment (sorry, too many
years working with Windows can melt brains).

Hmm, I wonder when and where you got this since Red Hat stopped selling RH9 before 2003 I believe.  See this url for more info http://www.redhat.com/software/rhelorfedora/

Nevertheless, I'm focusing on install all I need into my computer. But I'm
having a problem. I'm connected to the Internet through a WIFI network, but
I cannot make my network card work with Linux. I googled and found something
at http://dmnet.bitacoras.com/index.php?id=4096 (in spanish), and finally I
got those code files to install the driver for Atheros WiFi. However,
because I don't
have access to the Internet through Linux, I downloaded those files from my
Windows. As you guess, now I don't have any way of moving those files to
my linux implementation.

I would recommend upgrading your machine to Fedora Core 4 [0] and trying NetworkManager[1] for using WiFi networks.  There is a thread about the Atheros 5212 [2] on the NetworkManager list [3] that might help you out once you are up and running.

Cheers,
~ Bryan

[0] http://fedora.redhat.com/
[1] http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager/