Re: customizing applications menu

Ok! I've learned how to apply a patch to a src rpm; i 've modified the
spec file, adding the patch in the list of the patches. Then,
#rpmbuild -ba gnome-panel.spec done it all.
I've obtained three packages (in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS),
 - gnome-panel-2.8.1-3.i386.rpm
 - gnome-panel-debuginfo-2.8.1-3.i386.rpm
 - gnome-panel-devel-2.8.1-3.i386.rpm
I've installed them (forcing, i've already got the 2.8.1-3 version
installed) , and in the gconf editor i can see the "enable menu stripe"
option.I've checked it, restarted GNOME... But... it doesn't work. And
the menu now have a strange look (some horizontal strips, repeated for
all the length of the menu). So I back to the standard version.
Anyway... I think i can survive without the strip, but , IMHO , i think
it's a good idea to include it in the next release of gnome-panel, for
two reasons : every customer can customize the distribution, and - it
gives a better appearance to the desktop (it's only eye-candy-ware, i
know...).

Thanks for your help.