Re: customizing applications menu

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 16:28 +0100, Luca Sangemi wrote:
> Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't know how to apply this patch. Should i
> use " patch -pN file.diff "  ? Then , should i recompile from sources?
> If yes, i think i can't, because i have an rpm based installation of
> GNOME. I'm sorry but this should be the first time i apply a patch to
> something (i started to use gnu/linux just one year ago).

Oh, sorry for the lack of reply.  Yes, "patch -p0 -i file.diff" would
probably do it, you might need to test (patch --dry-run -p1 -i
file.diff" for different values of -p.  Then you would recompile that
package from sources, yes.

You could do this with a src rpm but it will take a little learning.

This site gives an overview of adding a patch to a src rpm
http://www.peacecomputers.com/sony_vaio/usb.html

I just googled for "applying patch to src rpm" and that was the first
result.  Once you've done this (patched src rpm, built rpm, installed
rpm, logout/login) you should have your own panel with the menu stripe.

Cheers,
~ Bryan