Re: Gnome 2 on RedHat 9 and Solaris

Chris Majewski wrote:
Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

One thing you could do that may help is to edit /etc/gconf/2/path on
the Solaris and Linux systems and change the $HOME/.gconf directory to
have a different name on each. Then you would get separate
configuration on each system. It's worth a try anyhow.

Thanks! That helped.

One othe rpossible issue is path diferences in Red Hat's GNOME 2.x
and Sun's GNOME 2. I know To get GNOME 1.4 to cooperate, I made symlinks in /opt on the RHL box to match the Sun installation. (I have root on my linux box, but not the Solaris machines :( )

That solved most of my problems. I haven't tried it with GNOME 2 yet though.