RE: Metacity upgrade method - am I an idgit?

Havoc,

That fixed my problem. Thanks.

For anyone else that is also trying to do this, I had to do the additional
change as well as those suggested below:

run the rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/metacity.spec

check the output of the ./configure

  You'll have to be quick to do this - it scrolls up quickly on by box.
  (You could always download the source and do a ./configure to get the same
results)

Now edit the spec file.

Change the line:

SHOULD_HAVE_BEEN_DEFINED=" <blah> "

to match your ./configure output.

I.E.  I changed mine to:

SHOULD_HAVE_BEEN_DEFINED="HAVE_SHAPE HAVE_SM"

Now re-run the rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/metacity.spec and install
your new RPM.

Clean!

Jez