Desktop Background

Hi guys,

I'm using Red Hat 9 (Shrike). On earlier versions of Red Hat, I used to
use a home made sh script that would go a retrieve an image from a
webcam, and display it on the root window using Imagemagick's 'display'
utility.  I switched off the Gnome background from within Nautilus,
under 'Edit... Preferences... Desktop & Trash... Use Nautilus to draw
the desktop & Use your home folder to draw the desktop'.

Now I am using RH9, with Gnome 2.2, of course, these mneu picks have
now gone. Anyone any idea how I can get my root window back.

Thanks in advance,

David

=====
Checkout the McWilliams family website @ http://davidmcw.tripod.com/