Gnome freezing during log in

Hi,
	I am running Red Hat 8.0 and my system now freezes when I try to log in
using Gnome.  I am able to log in using KDE.  How do I correct this problem?
Or how do I reinstall Gnome without destroying the whole system.  I looked
at the package manager and I can remove the extra features, but I want to
uninstall then reinstall Gnome unless somebody has a better idea.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.  I am relatively new to Gnome and Linux.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Levine
Engineer