nautilus crash and gnome problems

Hi there :>

I recently had a nautilus crash after accessing my home folder. After that i rebooted my machiene and now I cannot start gnome anymore. The splash screen appears in front of a black background and it stays so forever. At the bottom of the splash screen i also don't see the elemnts being loaded.
I can return to the console mode so actually gnome is not freezing.

Windowmaker and twm are launching fine.

What may be the possible reason for this particular problem and how to begin the debugging process?

Running Redhat 8.0 with gnome-desktop-2.0.6-4

Regards, Railer:.