Re: How do I organise Gnome menus

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 02:53, Ashley Kitson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using RH8.0 Linux, I don't seem to be able to configure the menus in any
> way.  I can add to panels etc but not menus.  How is this done?  I'd
> like to be able to set them up in a way that makes sense to me.
>
> Kind regards
> Ashley

Hello Ashley,

In Gnome 2 you cannot as far as I can ascertain. I posed the same
question here a few months back and never got a reply. That can be
interpreted as 'no one knew the answer' or 'the answer is so obvious it
doesn't warrant a reply'

You can edit/configure the menus in KDE. Right click on the RedHat icon
in the bottom left corner of the panel after KDE comes up.

Gnome 2 has cut right back on reconfigurability in preference to
simplicity. Some like it, I don't, even though I use Gnome 2.

You can however change the theme if you don't like the default. You will
find that in the menus.

--

Kind regards,

Graeme.

"Your arguments are very well and are theoretically sound, but if ever
payment of members comes into force, it will result in Parliament being
flooded with men of mediocre ability and may eventually open the doors
to a regime of terrorism and corruption."

Sir Henry Parkes in reply to Jacob Garrard, member for Balmain, on the
subject of payment to members of Parliament. 1880.