Re: FONTS and anti-aliasing

sön 2003-04-20 klockan 11.24 skrev Anthony Yulo:
> Ei! currently i'm using Gnome 1.4 that's included with Redhat 7.2
> CD's... and i've observed that the fonts it uses are not very good...
> they are not anti-aliased... now i'm planning to upgrade to Gnome 2.2
> and i already got the sources... I've seen the screen shots in the
> Gnome website and the fonts looked good...
>
> I just want to know.. is fonts anti-aliased activated in 2.2 by
> default? or do i have to do some steps first...

Just upgrade your system to a newer version of Red Hat Linux (I
recommend 9) and you'll have better fonts and anti-aliasing for free.

The newer RHL versions use the vastly improven "fontconfig" component
for font configuration, which makes dealing with fonts so much easier. I
haven't tried manually compiling fontconfig/aa support into applications
myself, but I've heard it can be a real pain, so upgrading seems to be a
much less painful choice (just insert disc1 of the three first RHL 9
discs and select "Upgrade existing installation").

Christian