Gnome 2.2 Installation

Ei i'm planning to install Gnome 2.2 ... Currently I have Gnome 1.4 that came with RH 7.2 CD's...

I have acquired all the sources already and i have the order in which source will i install first...
My question do i have to compile the sources one by one? or is there any way to install it automatically?

Compiling the sources one takes a long time... and maybe i'm thinking its not very efficient to do that...

Can someone shed some info on this one.. thanks:)