gnome-search-tool causes disk light to blink

After using the gnome search tool in RH8 and now in RH9, the disk
light on my box continously blinks every 2 seconds. I dont know what
is polling my disk and it will not stop. Where in the gnome settings
can I turn this off, it is not a process to kill, it is in the gnome
settings somewhere. I tried looking in gconf but cant find anything.
This is strange behavior.