Re: Setting Gnome/gtk color scheme?

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 03:35:05PM -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to set the colors used by Gnome and GTK+
> applications on Red Hat 9.  I mostly use KDE, but I run a lot of Gnome
> and GTK+ applications, and I'd like to sync up their color schemes.
> (KDE does have a setting to apply its colors to non-KDE apps, but the
> results can be inconsistent, depending on what X resources a particular
> application pays attention to.)
>
> So where can I do this?  I've looked throught the menus and everything
> under Red Hat's "Start Here" folder, and I can't find a way to adjust
> the colors to save my life.

To change the color scheme in more detail than just changing the
theme, you have to edit the gtkrc file for now - I thought
KDE made a best effort to do this, you may have a ~/.gtkrc-kde
or something like that while KDE is running?

If the KDE feature doesn't fully work as you say it may just be that
it doesn't cover all the relevant colors that can be set, so perhaps
adding extra stuff to your ~/.gtkrc.mine to cover those would help.

Havoc