Re: 7.3 gnomehide updated

Per Kreuger <piak sics se> writes:
> Has anyone got the capplets in the version of sawfish distributed with
> the hide to work with the new contol-center or libcapplet0?

This is screwed up, the problem is that we need not only the capplet
compat lib but also the old control center binary - which I think
conflicts with the new one. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do
about that. Maybe it's simple to deal with.

> Also, the fonts in gnome2 based applications and on the desktop
> appears _HUGE_. The only (somewhat) usable fonts are the 8 point
> condenced ones. This is rather annoying.
>
> My Xserver has a resoloution of about 124 dp (1540*1024 laptop
> screen). I can get smaller fonts by explicitly specifying a lower dpi
> in the Xserver but this seems like kludge...

The idea is that a "10 point" font should come out about the same
physical size on all displays. The rules for this may need a bit of
tweaking. (1540x1024 laptop isn't the most common kind of display ;-)

Havoc