Re: more thoughts on gconfd situation

> Right, the thing is that gconf-sanity-check-1 doesn't have a GUI,
> so running it in gnome-session is no good.
but it will give me something to tell the user to run.

will gconf-sanity-check-1 fix problems it encounters that are fixable?

> I figure for skipjack if gconf is hosed, Nautilus survives OK, only
> Galeon gets really confused - while for the next release with gnome 2,
> hosed gconf results in total implosion, and gconf-sanity-check-2 will
> probably run in gnome-session.
>
> In any case, it's a bit late in the release cycle (past all public
> betas) to add something like this to gnome-session I think.

*nod*

I'll see about testing if the locking is still unhappy over nfs under
2.4.18-somereleasehere. If a crashed out lock can be correctly
overridden then a lot of the problem I was having will go away.

-sv