Re: Printer driver UI [proposal]

   Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:34:07 -0500
   From: Michael Sweet <mike easysw com>

   However, to comment specifically on your example - it would be
   impossible to accurately preview the results of changing a color
   channel curve without having a colorimetric (e.g. ICC) profile for
   the output device, at which point such curves are probably not
   needed anyways...

As an example of how I think something like this could be useful:
consider a photographer using a hextone inkset, which is usually
black, warm and cool versions of midtone grays, and a light gray.  She
would profile her combination of paper, ink, printer, and resolution,
and then use a slider to control the degree of warmth of the output.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf uunet uu net

--Eric Crampton