Re: Printer driver UI [proposal]

> > I agree that host-specific object files are not a good idea, but
> > I simply wonder if, with the increasing complexity of drivers, if
> > everything can still be described in standard XML format.
>
> If you can describe the data that is being provided, then you can
> do it in a data file.

You're absolutely right. The example I have in my mind is the following.
Consider you can change the curve of a color profile. From a user point
of view, it would be very useful to illustrate the changes on a sample
image. This kind of dynamic relationship is not easy to describe in
XML format except if you define "a-color-profile-editor-with-a-sample-
image" as being a basic building block of the GUI.
(do not forget that I'm talking about user-friendlyness and UI
improvement, so this concerns all these "fancy" things that can
make life easier to normal users, but which expert users don't
care about)

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul imec be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.