[Gnome-print] bugs and features

Hi, I'm working on the implementation of gnome-print preview for
Scigraphica (http://scigraphica.sourceforge.net), toghether with
antialiasing using libart. I found that in the gnome-print preview there
are some "leaks", as you can see in the snapshots I prepared:
http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/scigraphica/images/antialias.jpg and
http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/scigraphica/images/preview.jpg . I know
that libart has this "leak" problem but I wonder why I see it in
gnome-print-preview and not in my libart rendering.
 By the way, you can
see that this is a "landscape" view. I couldn't find any obvious way to
choose the paper size in gnome-print for this situation, and you can
notice the offset in the screenshot: I am using "US-Letter" paper size,
and althouhg I render as landscape, the preview sets the default view
 (paper/canvas size) as "portrait".
 On the other hand I can't get gnome_font_new_closest to work correctly.
For instance, "Symbol" gives me all rectangles in the preview. What are
the font names allowed? I'm using the postscript default family names:
"Times-Roman", "Helvetica", "Courier", "Bookman", .. etc. and I can't get
bold or italics. Hints, please?
 Thanks!
<ADRIAN>