Re: [Gnome-print] .fontmap files proposal

Hi,

[...]
> Then, maybe we should avoid /usr/share pollution too, and use
> nice and clean layout instead:
>
> /usr/share/gnome/fonts
> /etc/gnome/fonts
> ~/.gnome/fonts
>
> Gnome packages use /usr/share extensively, so it is becoming more and
> more mess.

Yes, but wouldn't it be even better to use the following
layout ?

/usr/share/fonts/gnome

This would make it more likely to find fonts from
various packages (gnome, kde, whatever) in close
together adding greatly to user-convenience eventually.

It may also make sense to consider this for other resource types, such
as icons (png) as well (/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome).

Best regards,
kai