Re: [Gnome-print] default font problems

On 10 Oct 2001, Martin Craig wrote:

> I've just upgraded gnumeric & gnome-print & now gnumeric won't work. It
> says it can't find a suitable default font & that there is no valid
> entry for Helvetica in my fontmap2 file.

There were substantial changes in the fontmap stuff between
gnome-print 0.29 and 0.30.  It seems that the name, location, and
mechanism for constructing the fontmap files have all changed.
I saw the same effect you mention.  After struggling with trying to
get the font mapping to work, I have reverted to version 0.29 and
fonts are OK again.

Allin Cottrell.