[Gnome-print] Re: Bug#: 54226

Lauris Kaplinski wrote:

> + 2. I have fonts at locations which are not known to files in fonts
> + directory (X.font, debian.font, etc.). How am I supposed to invoke
> + gnome-font-install to add those fonts?
>
> Starting from 0.27, you can simply do:
>
> gnome-print-install your_fonts_directory1 your_fonts_directory2 ...

OK, but that's too simple to be true. Therefore I have more questions. :-)

a) What about directories with afm files? Some afm files will be in the
   same directory with fonts, but some will be in the "afm" subdirectory.
   Are both cases covered?

b) I'm trying to make a binary package. So my installation script will
   have some idea about the fonts in the directories, but not the exact
   information. So it might happen that several directories will contain
   the same fonts. What happens in this case?

> + 5. Everything in the tests directory dies a horrible death when I
> click on
> + "OK". Is this just because gnome-print has not been installed to
> system
> + directory?
>
> Any error message?

A lot of GTK criticals (more than 10) and then crash.
Criticals are assertions of three kinds: "face != NULL", "ctx->font != NULL"
and "src != NULL".

> If you have not installed gnome-print, there are no: fontamp files
> printer profiles And tests needs these to be present.

But I suppose this is the reason. I only mentioned it because I think that
needs to be mentioned in the README, not because I think it's a problem.

--
 .-.   .-.    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.