Re: [Gnome-print] GnomePrintContext -> GnomePrintMaster

Hello!

On Sat, 2001-12-08 at 13:58, Bryan Buchanan wrote:
> Would it be a good (or bad !) idea to modify gnome_print_master_new()
> to take a valid GnomePrintContext as an arguement ?

You mean pre-configured output driver?
I.e. currently gnome-print-master creates whatever output context it
seems applicable, and does printing into it.
You are suggesting to have total control about which context
GnomePrintMaster output goes.

This is Good Idea, but I do not know, whether it makes sense to
implement such feature in gnome-print-1.
In gnome-2 libgnomeprint, there are methods:

  gnome_print_master_render
  gnome_print_master_render_page

that send output to specific user-created context. If you absolutely
need it in gnome-1 based application, I can consider including those
- although doe to long binary release-cycle it would make your app
unusable with older gnome-prints for some time.

Best wishes,
Lauris Kaplinski