Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

> > You need printer support for accurrate quotas and accurrate
> > accounting.  Any other approach is just a failed attempt at feeling
> > cozy.
>
> So we should just give up trying and say it can't be done?!?

It can be done.  I did not say it was not.

But trying to trick yourself thinking "Postscript will solve all our
problems" is just that: tricking yourself.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, we can provide metafile
printing that can provide accurrate accounting without any printer
intervention.

But it seems I am talking to a wall, as you guys are not paying
attention, and you guys did not bother to read my original
gnome-print/gimp-print mail in which this was explained (or slightly
mentioned).

> Reasonably accurate accounting can be done with PS files;

Nonsense.  What if I put a loop in the file that prints thousands of
pages?  How can you do that accounting without printer support?

ObCommercial: with gnomeprint metafiles you can do reliable accounting
without printer support.

Miguel.