Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

>    Anyways, that is not the point.  We have a Postscript driver, want to
>    use that instead of an Epson, click on "driver" and select
>    "Postscript", then click "Print".
>
>    Am I missing something?
>
> If I use "a" Postscript driver, how do I select the correct PPD file
> and get all of the capabilities of my Epson printer?

I did some work for HP that addressed this very problem.  The coding
has been done for some time now but the docs are lagging and the
evangalism needed to announce it to the world is just getting started.

Take a look at http://libppd.sourceforge.net/ (the copyright is wrong - the guy who put together the web page screwed up)

If you go the RPM route you will need 5 rpms:
1) libppd http://download.sourceforge.net/libppd/libppd-0.4-1.i386.rpm
2) rhs-printfilters http://download.sourceforge.net/rhs-printfilter/rhs-printfilters-1.63-4va.i386.rpm
3) ppdfilt http://download.sourceforge.net/libppd/ppdfilt-0.4-1.i386.rpm
4) lpr http://download.sourceforge.net/lpr/lpr-0.50-4va.i386.rpm