Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Michael Sweet wrote:

> Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > Hence, reinventing a little piece of Postscript every time.
>
> Actually, it sounds like you've already done that!

But we reinvent it in library. According to your approach, every app
should reimplement it separately.

> > They only require very specialized applications because the
> > underlying printing system does not move up with the times as Lauris
> > pointed out.
>
> Talking about writing a driver for Gnumeric (or any GNOME app) so
> you can print to a million dollar piece of hardware is ridiculous.

Prediction:
Consumer-level holographic printers would be out before 2005
As Y2K showed, software usually lasts longer.

Lauris