Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)
- From: Michael Sweet <mike easysw com>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>
- CC: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris ariman ee>, Sven Neumann <neumanns uni-duesseldorf de>, gimp-print-devel lists sourceforge net, gnome-print helixcode com
- Subject: Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)
- Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 17:06:54 -0400
Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> But we also care about empowering developers.
Ooo, and you *can't* do that by embracing standards?
> Hence, reinventing a little piece of Postscript every time.
Actually, it sounds like you've already done that!
> They only require very specialized applications because the
> underlying printing system does not move up with the times as Lauris
> pointed out.
Talking about writing a driver for Gnumeric (or any GNOME app) so
you can print to a million dollar piece of hardware is ridiculous.
"Yea, I'd like my spreadsheet engraved on my tombstone, please."
Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products firstname.lastname@example.org
Printing Software for UNIX http://www.easysw.com
] [Thread Prev