Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> But we also care about empowering developers.

Ooo, and you *can't* do that by embracing standards?

> Hence, reinventing a little piece of Postscript every time.

Actually, it sounds like you've already done that!

> They only require very specialized applications because the
> underlying printing system does not move up with the times as Lauris
> pointed out.

Talking about writing a driver for Gnumeric (or any GNOME app) so
you can print to a million dollar piece of hardware is ridiculous.

"Yea, I'd like my spreadsheet engraved on my tombstone, please."

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products
Printing Software for UNIX