Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print(fwd)
- From: Michael Sweet <mike easysw com>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>
- CC: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris ariman ee>, Federico Mena Quintero <federico helixcode com>, rlk alum mit edu, neumanns uni-duesseldorf de, gimp-print-devel lists sourceforge net, gnome-print helixcode com
- Subject: Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print(fwd)
- Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 16:58:50 -0400
Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> We are comoditizing high quality printing for Unix, and you do not
> realize this, and you are not interested in that.
Excuse me? Take one look at what I and my company have done. We're
doing EVERYTHING WE CAN to make good printing available to everyone.
If we weren't interested in that we wouldn't have released CUPS as
open source, we'd charge enormous amounts of money for our software,
and we wouldn't participate in any open source projects or open
discussion of printing.
> If there are problems (accounting, quotas, and "etc") we will tackle
> those problems as they arrive.
Even if it means scrapping all the work you've done and starting
over because you made a serious mistake?
> I am basically a believer in getting things done rather than giving
> up because there is a potential problem down the road that I do not
> know how to solve or even at that very momment: I belive in
Oh, did I say to "give up"? I don't think so.
Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products firstname.lastname@example.org
Printing Software for UNIX http://www.easysw.com
] [Thread Prev