Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

>    It is fully optional.  I have my own GNOME without sound, because it
>    pisses me off.
>
> Why on earth do I even *want* sound and X *installed* on a dedicated
> print server, already?  It's just that many more things to go wrong.

Who said you needed it?

But I think we are thinking about different things.  Because I am not
thinking of gnome-print as a "server" process, but as something that
is used on the client side.

> Maybe.  I happen to work on high end servers (take a guess at the kind
> of scale -- processors, memory, disk -- I'm talking about; I'm curious
> what you think of in that context).

I dont care about high end servers.  Last time I checked no person in
my block or in my city could afford one of those for their living
room.

I dont care about servers.  There are way too many people caring about
servers.  I care about the desktop and end-users.

Miguel.