Re: [Gnome-print] Re: [Gimp-print-devel] An introduction to gnome-print (fwd)

>    So we rather reinvent the same software and rewrite the code to avoid
>    someone feeling like they are betraying some cause?
>
> No.  And that's precisely the point.  Why does GNOME have to go
> reinventing the wheel?

because existing wheels were square?

>    And now that I think of it Motif and CDE users have as much use for
>    Gtk+ as they do for GNOME.
>
> Right.  None.  CDE apps aren't written using GTK+, so users of CDE
> have no use for it.

Well, my prediction is: any user using CDE right now is using old
technology.  It is fine by me, but anyone who wants a modern desktop
is going to be running exactly that: a modern desktop, not some old
system.

Miguel.