Re: New Press Team Lead!

Congrats, Zonker!

sri

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
I'm excited to announce that Joe 'Zonker" Brockmeier is our new GNOME press team lead!

Zonker has a lot of experience working with the press (and being the press :). He's also already been doing the role of press team lead - he coordinated and wrote the GUADEC 2010 press release and is working on another one as we speak.

Please welcome Zonker (officially) to the press team. I'm sure he'd welcome any help and be happy to share what he knows or mentor those that are looking to learn more about press relations.

Zonker works at Novell, is the openSUSE Community Manager and is a long time fan of open source and Linux, and has written
for open source publications like Linux Magazine, ZDNet, NewsForge, and Linux.com.You can read more Zonker and follow his thoughts on his blog http://www.dissociatedpress.net/about/.

Stormy