Re: [gpm] Set screen backlight through dbus

Richard Hughes writes:

On 4 December 2014 at 09:12, Hong Xu <hong topbug net> wrote:
I see... Is there an official programming API to tell
gnome-settings-daemon to change the screen brightness?

I don't think so; what are you trying to do exactly?

Well, it's about lightum[1], which is a automatic light sensor daemon
adjusting screen brightness. It calls the old semi-private dbus
interface[2], but I'm on GNOME 3.14 which already has removed this
interface. Surely one can fix this by replacing the old interface by the
new one; but getting pass an official API isn't a neat way, as things
can suddenly stop working again without a notice after an upgrade. If
GNOME does not have an official API for now, I would like to file a
feature request for this. What do you think on this?

Hong

[1]: https://github.com/poliva/lightum
[2]: https://github.com/poliva/lightum/blob/master/dbus.c#L177