Re: [gpm] No default setting for screen brightness

On 24 September 2011 14:31, Aaron Lu <aaron lwe gmail com> wrote:
> There used to be a make default button in gnome power manager setting
> dialog, but since gnome 3, there is no such button and my screen
> brightness will always set back to 100% after I log out.

Right, in GNOME3 we don't save a startup brightness anymore. That
might be a bug, I'm not sure. For a lot of laptops the brightness is
set to 100% on boot and then seeing it drop at login does seem a bit
odd. Ideally we could set this at system start time.

> Is there any way to set the default brightness at the system level?

At the moment, no. The main problem is that we need to use xrandr for
a lot of hardware, and that's only going to work when X is running, so
in GDM at the earliest. I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks,