[gpm] Use in embedded devices

Hi,

I am evaluating using gnome power manager on an embedded device. The device has
battery driver exposing information through the sysfs power class.

Is the gpm able to interpret these values?

Also, I am confused as to how the division is between user and kernel space when
managing power. In my example I have a battery and a charger accessed through a
power management IC that can read battery voltage and current, control the
charger and it also provides a coulomb counter.

This should be enough to manage the battery. However as each battery is
different
it has to be characterized, for example with voltage/current graphs, so that
when
the system is turned on gpm can ascertain what the charge level is and then use
the coulomb counter to keep track on it.

Is there a framework in gpm to perform this battery characterization?

And finally, does the gpm have the functionality of activating the charger when
the battery level is low, and changing power levels (including suspend)
depending
on the battery level?

Thanks for your help. As you might guess it's the first time I look at the
insides in the gpm.

Regards,
Alex