Re: [gpm] g.p.m 2.28 - dpms D-Bus interface?

On 10 April 2010 17:11, Chris Brown <chris scotland gmail com> wrote:

I am trying to find a way to manually control my screens dpms state.

Why? If you tell us some context we can tell you how you can fix the
bug you're experiencing without poking around with xset.

Richard.

Richard, I wish to be able to dim the screen on my laptop when I go to bed as I frequently leave my laptop on overnight number crunching. Normally I would just close the lid on the laptop however this sometimes leads to my wireless disconnecting as the aerial is in the lid and it seems pretty directional.

Sadly the "blank screen" xscreensaver just displays black and does not enable dpms features so this is not adequate. To get around this I used to just issue the xset command to turn off the backlight. I now find I have to kill gnome-power-manager before issuing the xset command otherwise the screen gets reenabled after a short time.

It would be nice to communicate with g-p-m over dbus and issue the dpms off command that way.

Cheers,
Chris