Re: [gpm] screen not locked after lid close and reopen

Hi zsolt,
Thanks a lot  for your tip! it works for me now(2.6.26-3)

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Zsolt Barat<zsolt softmonsters com> wrote:
> I'm not a gpm-dev, but for me it works enabling: hal-legacy-buttons. I'm
> using 2.27.1 right now, compiled from source.

Yes,I added  --enable-legacy-buttons to my configure parameters.

I also notice that I have to set
   /apps/gnome-power-manager/buttons/lid_ac to blank
set it to nothing will stop g-p-m from lock the screen.Though my notebook
can itself turn off back light on lid-close

I have still another  question: who starts gnome-screensaver?dbus?
As soon as I logged in gnome,I found that g-ss does not start immediately
so if I then close the lid and open it again,screen is not locked.
and there're warnings in .xsession-errors:
gnome-screensaver is not running.I assume it's warned by g-p-m

If I lock the screen manually using key ctrl_alt_L, from then on
g-p-m works as expected.