Re: [gpm] CPUfreq control and UI inconsistency

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 14:28 +0000, Caleb Marcus wrote:
> Hi, there are a few things I'd like to ask as well as mention about
> gnome-power-manager. I'm running g-p-m 2.24.0 on Ubuntu, and I've
> noticed that among other things, the ability to set which CPUfreq
> governor is used under which power conditions has disappeared since
> earlier releases. (it used to be only in gconf, unless a gconf key was
> enabled to display it in the UI) In addition, the UI for power manager

This was removed because it currently doesn't make sense to use any
other governor than ondemand on typical desktop systems. For instance,
using the powersave governor doesn't give you any power saving in the
end because your jobs need more time to complete.

Regards,
 Holger