Re: [gpm] Bring back cpu frequency scaling options, heres why:

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 08:27 +0200, Tomaž Šolc wrote:
> I guess that depends on the hardware. I know that on EeePC "ondemand"
> governor causes dropped frames in mplayer and makes X less responsive
> in general. AFAIK it has something to do with the broken hardware or
> software implementation for that particular CPU.

Sounds like a broken scheduler. In my opinion we should fix the bug,
rather than work round the bugs with userspace tricks.

Users shouldn't have to choose between high performance and powersaving
-- with modern CPU we can run at high speed and then drop down to low
speed and get both benefits.