[gpm] gnome power manager logging

Does the gnome power manager log to any specific place. I can find nothing in my /var/log/messages and would like to test the system shutdown I have a apc 1500 and noticed gnome power manager recognized it. As i am running this system with critical data I would like to make sure I can verify it is taking care of software shutdown properly but can not find anything in my logs when i yank the plug for a few minutes. I am running RHEL 5 and xen kernel on a dell powredge 1900

Thanks in advance

Joey