Re: [gpm] thinklight button on an IBM Thinkpad

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:13:53 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 12:05 +0000, Paul Ionescu wrote:
>> On most IBM/LENOVO thinkpads is a LED on top of the LCD that can light
>> the keyboard, mapped to the Fn-PgUp key combination (toggle on/off).
>
> Yup, me too.

Well, that good, we want same thing.

>> My question is how to map this key in order to have OSD for this event
>> ?
>
> Well, since 2.6.25ish these keys should now be coming through the INPUT
> layer, so in theory it should be easy to capture.

I have already captured the key and mapped to XF86KbdLightOnOff.
Is this ok, or we need some other key mapping ?
Now I don't know how to tell g-p-m to display some OSD for it.

>> I am thinking of how to activate OSD with
>> /usr/share/gnome-power-manager/icons/hicolor/scalable/status/gpm-
>> brightness-lcd.svg
>> and
>
> It's not quite brightness - can you think of a better metaphor?

My bad, it was a typo here (paste error in fact)

I was more thinking of

/usr/share/gnome-power-manager/icons/hicolor/scalable/status/gpm-
brightness-kbd.svg

and

/usr/share/gnome-power-manager/icons/hicolor/scalable/status/gpm-
brightness-kbd-disabled.svg