[gpm] LCD brightness

Hi folks, just a suggestion here, and certainly not a complaint or bug report . . . .

I find the "Power Manager Brightness Applet 2.20.0" effects very erratically on my laptop (HP Pavilion)

wont bore you with the details . . . . unless you want ?

Anyway, is it possible the current applet is maybe too complex for its own good ?

Suggest replacing infinite slider with . . . . . 2 discrete radio buttons on the gnome-panel . . . . . each button either increasing or decreasing the lcd brightness by 10%

My rationale, is a sneaking suspicion that my video card (nvidia) wont accept finer-settings, and recall from manually editing xorg.conf, that it wont register brightness levels <40 %

   Thanks         JK