Re: [gpm] Remaining time, two batteries.

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 17:10 +0100, andreas netclips se wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just upgraded to Ubuntu Gutsy, and got the new Power Manager
> (2.20.0). First of all I think it has lots of improvements.

Cool.

> But I have problems with the remaining time calculations as I use two
> different batteries (one standard and one high capacity). My guessing
> is that the power manager has calibrated for the standard battery and
> is not aware of the change of battery.

It should - the profiling code is specifically designed with
multi-battery (different capacity) batteries in use.

> With the high cap.-battery I now get indication of 15 mins left at 28%
> capacity. Even tho during the discharge of this battery I had about 2
> mins for every %.

Sure. Have you let it self-profile? It needs a few (4?) 0% to 100% to 0%
charges to get a really accurate result.

> When checking with the gnome-power-bugreport.sh (end of mail) the
> report from the battery is:
> battery.remaining_time = 2926  (0xb6e)  (int)
> witch I guess is in seconds and therefore 49 mins. Wich corrolates with
> the graphs in the power-manager.

Sure, we don't read those keys unless the accuracy is really bad. You
build up accuracy just by using the laptop - you can see this in
gnome-power-statistics.

> My request is simply to make the power manager to be aware of different
> batteries and calibrate for them individually.

Could you post your accuracy and time graphs so I can check it all looks
okay? Thanks.