Re: [gpm] GNOME Power Manager 2.20.1

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 22:51 +0000, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 20:12 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the
> > power on your laptop or desktop system.
> >
> > This stable release contains important fixes since 2.20.0 was released.
> > Distributions should consider upgrading gnome-power-manager via errata
> > packages if possible.
> >
> > ==============
> > Version 2.20.1
> > ==============
> >
> > - Fixed #413360, After loading gnome gpm starts but shows nothing in tray
> >   icon despite option (Richard Hughes)

Well it's actually Mart Raudsepp who found the fix, not me.
maintainer.py just took the committer - which I'll have to be more
careful with in the future. Sorry Mart!

> I was wondering if bug 413360 is the same as an issue I have with the
> tray icon, but it appears to be something different, and is not solved
> with version 2.20.1.  I have not experienced the problem of a system
> tray item for gnome-power-manager failing to show itself in the system
> tray/notification area (bug 413360).  The problem I have is that when it
> comes up in the sytem tray, instead of showing itself as a battery with
> a power cord (if charging) or a battery without a power cord (if not
> charging), it shows itself up as a blank "sheet of paper" with one
> turned-over corner, which looks as if it is a default icon which is
> displayed if the correct icon cannot be found.

Hmmm. Have you got a screenshot? If it's an icon that can't be found
then we just show the GTK broken icon picture.

> All works correctly if I install gnome-power-manager-2.18.3, and then
> install gnome-power-manager-2.20.0 or 2.20.1 over the top of it.  It
> therefore looks as if a needed icon is not installed correctly with
> 2.20.*, but is installed with gnome-power-manager-2.18.
>
> This may or may not be connected with the fact that my gnome prefix is
> not /usr, but is instead /opt/gnome.

Perhaps. Can you get me the output of "

killall gnome-power-manager
gnome-power-manager --no-daemon --verbose

" please. The debug spew should tell us what it's looking for.

> I can put this in bugzilla if that would help.

Up to you, I don't mind either. Sorry for the delay, I've been crazy
busy.