[gpm] GNOME Power Manager 2.19.1

GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the
power on your laptop or desktop system.

Yes, I'm late. I know. I'm right in the middle of my University finals,
so that's excuse enough I think.

This _unstable_ release contains lots of crazy new code since 2.18.0 was
released. WARNING, this code may impregnate your cat and _will_ steal
all of the magazines from the bathroom.

In particular, this release has enabled by default the new profiling
code, so even if your laptop battery or UPS is old and broken, you'll
still get a 99% perfect time remaining all throughout your discharge and
charge cycle. Hopefully.

Downside, g-p-m has to profile your battery, so for the first couple of
charge/discharge cycles the time remaining will be either missing or
roughly guessed. Luckily it does all this profiling in the background,
so just use your computer like normal.

Please send feedback to the gnome-power-manager-list_at_gnome_dot_org
mailing list, where you can send flames or encouragement.

Cool screenshot:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/gnome-power-stats-ui-bad.png

Please test this new feature, I really want to switch it on by default
for 2.20.

Thanks.

Richard.

p.s. This release breaks DBUS API, switching to the common freedesktop
PowerManagement session specification - apologies for any breakage.
See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications_2fpower_2dmanagement_2dspec
for more details.

==============
Version 2.19.1
==============

- Fixed #359089, Time measurement units must be translatable (Richard Hughes)
- Fixed #393388, Typos in the PO file (Richard Hughes)
- Fixed #414032, Tray icon too complex and broken under KDE (Richard Hughes)

New features:

- Add over 100 unit tests and self test code (and fixes to fix the bugs exposed)
- Make more of the HAL and DBUS stuff modular and put into libraries
- Rewrite the engine and the cell and cell-array code.
  Should be faster, more stable and less buggy than the cludges we had before.
- More integration with libnotify allowing non-critical dialogues to be ignored.
- Implement the freedesktop PowerManagement session specification.
  See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications_2fpower_2dmanagement_2dspec
- Move the FAQ to http://live.gnome.org/GnomePowerManager/FAQ
- Re-organsise the gconf schema with better names, and with a tree structure.

Translations:

- Updated fr: David Lodge
- Updated zh_HK: Hong Kong
- Updated zh_CN: Funda Wang